Welcome To Sandusky, Ohio
The city of Sandusky is located on the southern edge of Lake Erie and has over 22 miles of shoreline within the city limits. It is the government seat of Erie County and is noted for its beautifully landscaped parks, historical architecture and the Sandusky Bay Pathway. Founded in 1817, Sandusky is a great family vacation destination filled with fun, excitement and history. Plus, the city maintains a disciplined focus on economic development and a high quality of life.
Our recommendations for your stay in Sandusky
- Castaway Bay: a tropical themed water park resort and spa with a deli and adjacent Quaker Steak and Lube restaurant. Located on Cleveland Rd. near the entrance to Cedar Point, only 5 minutes from LEWCO.
- Great Wolf Lodge: a log cabin themed water park resort with two restaurants and a fitness center. Located on US route 250, near the Sandusky Mall, only 10 minutes from LEWCO.
- Holiday Inn Express: hotel located on Cedar Point Drive., only 4 minutes from LEWCO.
- Kalahari: an African wildlife themed water park resort and convention center with upscale restaurants and spas. Located on US route 250, about 15 minutes from LEWCO.
Points of Interest
- Cedar Point: The 364-acre vacation destination amusement park is located on a peninsula surrounded by Lake Erie. Voted “Best Amusement Park in the World,” Cedar Point has a record 150 rides, shows, and attractions. You can also visit Soak City water park or go to the beach!
- South Bass Island/ Put-in-Bay: This infamous two by four mile island is the place to be in the summer. It includes the nation’s third tallest monument, historic museums, family-fun centers, and several restaurants and bars. Plus, some of the best walleye and perch fishing in the United States.
- Kelleys Island : This destination is the largest fresh water American island in Lake Erie. It’s well-known for its lodging, dining, shopping, site seeing and fishing charters.
- Thunderbird Hills Golf Club: This 36-hole, public golf facility, is located close by in Huron, Ohio. One of the top courses in the area, it was founded over 50 years ago.
- Firelands Winery: It’s an authentic working winery with a line of winning estate, bottled wines. Tastings, a wine boutique and gift shop are available. Locally and within the state of Ohio, it has a premier reputation.
- Toft’s Ice Cream Parlor: The oldest operating dairy in the state of Ohio, Toft’s dairy parlor offers over 70 flavors of ice cream and frozen yogurts that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Zinc Brasserie: A French inspired restaurant locally-owned and operated by renowned Chef Cesare Avallone, Zinc is located in historic downtown Sandusky.
- Small City Taphouse: Authentic Asian cuisine & sushi bar, with over 45 beers on tap, Small City is a fun spot located in historic downtown Sandusky.
- CAMEO Pizza : If you like pizza, Cameo is a must try! A local favorite for nearly 70 years.
- Sortino’s 800 Club: A truly authentic Italian restaurant with large portions of traditional Sicilian meals, the 800 Club is sure to please your appetite. Mangiare, mangiare!
- Berardi’s: A family style restaurant with home cooked meals; Berardi’s has been a local hit for over 70 years.