Back to Oven News
Custom Engineered Oven for A Major Aircraft Parts Manufacturer
- Wednesday, June 13, 2012
This customer required vacuum composite curing of aircraft parts at a maximum temperature of 500°F. The oven is specified to be NFPA 86 Class A and is installed indoors in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Key customer specifications include:
- Heating Medium: Natural Gas
- Capacity: (4) zones at 700,000 BTU's each
- Workspace Volume: 1,120 cubic feet per zone
- Center Guillotine Doors divide the chamber
- Automatic, actuated safety pins help protect against door failure
- Construction: 20 gauge aluminized steel with 12 gauge carbon steel, plate floor
- (48) ½” NPT vacuum ports with automatic solenoid valves and dial-type gauges on main headers
- Variable vacuum pressure
- Desktop PC, touchscreen control center provides the operator with all control of oven functions and data logging from the PC.