Welcome To Sandusky, Ohio
Click Here to Download the Welcome Letter
The city of Sandusky is located on the northern edge of Lake Erie and has over 22 miles of shoreline within the city limits. It is the government seat of Erie County and is noted for its beautifully landscaped parks, historical architecture and the Sandusky Bay Pathway. Founded in 1817, Sandusky is a great family vacation destination filled with fun, excitement and history. Plus, the city maintains a disciplined focus on economic development and a high quality of life.
Our recommendation for your stay In Sandusky
Sawmill Creek Resort - Located on 235 acres along the shores of Lake Erie and adjacent to a nature preserve, this self-contained wilderness resort features a private beach, Tom Fazio-designed golf course, and specialty shops. Itâ€™s a comfortable and convenient place to conduct business & relax during your visit to LEWCO.
Map and Directions to Sawmill Creek
Map and Directions to LEWCO Inc.
Points of Interest
- Cedar Point - The 364-acre vacation destination park is located on a Lake Erie peninsula in Sandusky. With a world record 75 rides, the parkâ€™s regular operating season is from mid-May through Labor Day.
- Put-in-Bay Island - This two by four mile island includes historic homes, the nationâ€™s third tallest monument and quaint restaurants. Plus, some of the best walleye and perch fishing, in the United States, is found here.
- Kelleys Island - This destination is the largest fresh water American island in Lake Erie. Itâ€™s well-known for its lodging, dining, shopping, site seeing and fishing charters.
- Thunderbird Hills Golf Club - This 36-hole, public golf facility, is located close by in Huron, Ohio. One of the top courses in the area, it was founded over 50 years ago.
- Firelands Winery - Itâ€™s an authentic working winery with a line of winning estate, bottled wines. Tastings, a wine boutique and gift shop are available. Locally and within the state of Ohio, it has a premier reputation.
- Toft's Dairy - The oldest operating dairy in the state, the company purchases its milk from 22 local family dairy farms. Its popular retail store offers a wide variety of ice cream products.
- Zinc Brasserie - Locally-owned and operated, contemporary French restaurant located in downtown Sandusky.
- Water Street Bar & Grill - Casual food and drink restaurant which offers views of the waterfront in the city of Sandusky.
- Berardiâ€™s - Family style restaurant, located in nearby Huron, with a variety of home-cooked foods.
- Angry Bull - An upscale dining spot, in Huron, with a wide variety of meat and seafood dishes.