Back to Oven News
Paint Curing Oven for Automobile Manufacturer
- Friday, January 10, 2014
LEWCO recently designed, built and installed a custom paint baking oven for automotive frames at a leading international auto manufacturing plant in Ohio. The oven is heated with direct fired natural gas and delivers dual airflow to the workspace. LEWCO’s team of engineers met with the customer to meet strict design and performance specifications.
- Exhaust hoods mounted over both sets of doors with fans that automatically turn on if door(s) are opened.
- Stainless steel guard rails inside oven to prevent carts from hitting plenums (Stainless steel had to be used to prevent any chance of oxidation coming in contact with parts).
- Customized controls to meet customer requirements
- Lower Explosive Limit Monitoring System
- Double swing doors on both ends of oven for easy pass through process
- OSHA compliant guardrail and access ladder on top of oven for service & maintenance
Basic Design Details
- Utility: Electric, 480/3/60; Natural Gas
- NFPA 86 Class A Oven, max solvent load 0.2 gallons/batch
- Maximum Temp: 500°F, +/- 10°F temperature uniformity
- Heat Capacity: 700,000 BTUH
- Work-space Dimensions: 96” wide x 216” deep x 84” tall
- Airflow Pattern: Dual
- Circulating Blower: 20,000 CFM