Back to Oven News
Curing Ovens for Aerospace Company
- Tuesday, June 10, 2014
LEWCO recently designed, built and installed a pair of custom curing ovens for an aerospace materials manufacturer. The ovens are heated with thermal fluid and deliver horizontal airflow to the workspace. Strict customer design and performance specifications had to be followed.
Some Key Features of this Project Included:
- Workspace dimensions: 60” wide X 180” deep and 100” tall
- A circulation flow uniformity of -0% + 25% across the entire workspace—a requirement due to the exothermic nature of the process
- A sealed oven chamber maintaining <.1”w.c. to contain volatiles emitted throughout the curing process
- A consistent and even heat up rate of +10°F per minute
- material cooling from 385°F to 110°F in 10 minutes using a series of Integral bypass and fresh air dampers
- Guillotine entry door with integral gravity roller conveyor hearth for material loading
- OSHA compliant guardrail and access ladder to platform around oven for service/maintenance
Additionally, LEWCO’s team worked with the customer to interface this new oven with an existing PLC and PLC program, and provided a total project time of 4 months including turnkey installation services.
BASIC DESIGN DETAILS
- Utility: Electric, 480/3/60; thermal fluid
- NFPA 86 Class A Oven, max solvent load 20lbs/batch
- Maximum Temp: 500°F.
- Heat Capacity: 450,000 BTUH
- Workspace dimensions 60” wide X 180” deep and 100” tall
- Airflow Pattern: Horizontal
- Circulating Blower: 40,000 CFM
- Exhaust Blower: 10,000 CFM